On the one hand, our focus is on the development and research of image analysis methods in order to support the physician when performing medical diagnostics, computer-supported early detection of tumors as well as follow-up control of therapy.
On the other hand, we specifically develop methods and systems for analysis and interpretation of microscopically acquired image data from pathology, general laboratory medicine and hematology as well as microbiology and life sciences.
Microscopic and endoscopic images of cells (blood, body fluids), tissue samples (digital pathology) or mucous membranes (larynx, esophagus, intestines, stomach etc.) are examined through knowledge-based image processing and pattern recognition for suspicious attributes. Our systems support physicians and laboratory technicians in their diagnosis.
Overview of our technologies:
- HandsOn.surgery - Virtual surgical trainer
- Manual Whole-Slide-Imaging with iSTIX®
- Digital high speed camera system including computer-based image evaluation in order to assess and diagnose functional voice disorders
- “HemaCAM®“ system for use in hematological laboratories supporting measurement for the efficient, objective generation of differential blood counts
- Modular scanning solution “SCube®“ for bright-field and fluorescence microscopy to digitize and analyze tissue and body fluids from pathology, general laboratory medicine and biological applications