The reliable one-box solution to get your content on-air
The Fraunhofer DRM ContentServer™ R6 is a flexible and highly reliable professional broadcasting solution for DRM (Digital Radio Mondiale). It combines internal audio encoding, support for remote audio encoders, multimedia data management and multiplex generation. A convenient user-friendly web interface enables configuration and system monitoring via remote access (ContentServer-as-a-Service concept).
The Fraunhofer DRM ContentServer is a complete headend system possessing triple functionality:
- Internal audio encoding and support for remote audio encoders
- Multimedia Dataserver
- DRM Multiplex Generator
Application and target audience
The system is typically located in the studio, in a playout center, at the transmitter site, or within dedicated network provider premises – with full remote control for administration and data provision. Whether a community station, a local or regional broadcaster, or a network provider, the system's functionality perfectly complements your needs.
For receiver manufacturers the systems enables close to 100% test coverage for signaling, audio configurations, data services and multiplexing options.
Always up to date
Thanks to continuous development, the ContentServer technology provides broadcasters with the latest standard upgrades and improvements, such as effortless configuration of the Emergency Warning Functionality (EWF) and MPEG xHE-AAC audio coding.
Various versatile interfaces for audio and content provision pave the way for straightforward integration into studio play-out-systems and complex broadcasters’ and network providers' environments.
Keeps you on air - at all times
The ContentServer technology has earned a worldwide reputation for the highest reliability and quality. This is further enhanced by powerful redundancy features (even linking remote sites).
Highlight features at a glance
- Convenient user-friendly web interface for configuration and system monitoring via remote access (ContentServer-as-a-Service concept).
- Powerful monitoring system controlling all system functions including content provision.
- Internal audio encoders with AES67-AoIP live audio input (Livewire, Ravenna), internal soundcards (with optional adaptive resampling, SRC) or file upload, as well as advanced support for remote audio encoders.
- Data provision via established protocols such as UECP, FTP/HTTP or XML/JSON RPC API.
- This core feature-set is further expanded with new redundancy provision such as hardware redundancy, audio cross redundancy, and local fallback audio in case of failing (remote) audio provision. Redundancy even works across remote sites.