Experience the boundless beauty of sound
Symphoria is a universal solution for rendering outstanding stereo and 3D surround sound in automotive environments. The intelligent post processing technology virtually opens up the sound image of your sound system, creating a new sense of dimensionality and spaciousness by increasing width, depth and even height of the sound image. In addition to delivering a more natural and realistic sound, automotive entertainment systems powered by Symphoria offer a highly improved perceived audio quality for every passenger in the car. This results in a broad and clearly defined front stage as well as a perfectly balanced surround sound field for each seat.
- Stable high quality audio from any audio source (radio, mp3, CD etc.)
- Support of any channel configuration of the input content (stereo, 5.1 surround, 3D audio)
- Flexibility when designing a sound concept to meet manufacturers’ needs and branding requirements.
- An extraordinary listening experience for any automotive sound system configuration, independent of loudspeaker type, position or number.
- A reduction in car weight and therefore sound system costs: The application of intelligent audio signal processing allows for a cutback of sound system hardware.
Symphoria achieves results through the following steps:
During the first step the individual sound components within the audio signal are separated, with help of a semantic analysis process. Following the separation of the individual sound components, the tunable algorithm of Symphoria intelligently distributes the separated audio objects inside the car.
- The Audi TT Coupé released in 2014 is the first production car equipped with the Fraunhofer technology Symphoria.
- In December 2014, Audi announced that the new Q7 will deliver a three dimensional audio experience, which is powered by Fraunhofer Symphoria. The Q7 concept car equipped with Symphoria was already presented at CES 2013.
- From the collaboration with Audi and Bang & Olufsen evolves the new Audi R8 Coupé (2015) featuring Fraunhofer Symphoria surround sound (2D).
- A new sound dimension for medium-sized cars: Symphoria brings true 3D sound to the new Audi A4 and A4 Avant (2015).
- Since 2016, passengers can enjoy best 3D sound with Symphoria in the new Mercedes-Benz E-class W 213 with Burmester sound system.