Fraunhofer IIS offers contract-based research and development services, and provides its customers with guidance through the maze of multimedia standards and technologies.
Licensees of Fraunhofer IIS can obtain product ready software implementations of the latest open standards (especially ISO MPEG Audio) at the earliest possible opportunity. In addition to this, Fraunhofer IIS also carries out targeted R&D projects in order to develop application-specific solutions based on existing audio and media technologies.
Examples of recent contract-based research projects include:
- Watermarking: Low-complexity, highly robust watermarking system.
- Digital Broadcast Receiver chips for reception and decoding of digital radio signals.
- DAB Surround technology trials to demonstrate Digital Radio DAB in 5.1 Surround sound.
- AAC audio codec optimization for highly resource-limited embedded platforms.
- Echo Control integration into broadcasting studio intercom.
- …and many more.