Digital Patient Manager for telemedicine applications#
Telemedicine opens up access to healthcare from the home
Mobile Health Lab provides access to mobile healthcare network
How can telemedical procedures be combined with the necessary intersectoral infrastructure, government regulations and secure data management? And how can patients be connected to the network and still have control over their own data?
The Fraunhofer IIS Mobile Health Lab in Bamberg has the answer. As a generic telemedicine platform, the Digital Patient Manager (DPM) will create a decentralized infrastructure for the exchange of data between all parties. It will also support new IT-based services and drive digitalization forwards in medicine.
Advantages at a glance
- Use of the generic DPM enables rapid prototyping and significant cost savings
- Wearables that are already connected can be used or new interfaces easily developed - enabling round-the-clock measurement of the vital parameters relevant for your application
- The DPM is GDPR-compliant and can be approved as a class IIa medical device
- Compatible with gematik telematics infrastructure and other information technology systems (KIS, PVS)
- Integration of AI-supported digital health pathways enables application-specific support of treatment (in partnership with the Digital Health Pathways Group, Fraunhofer IIS)
- Use of the medical API makes it possible to create your own visualizations and apps based on the DPM