The Fraunhofer Development Center X-ray Technology EZRT is a division of the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS. Researchers from a wide variety of disciplines conduct applied research and development in the field of non-destructive monitoring along the product life cycle, from raw materials to production and recycling.
The basis of the research work is the development of cognitive sensor systems for data acquisition using X-ray and magnetic resonance technologies as well as optical Inspection techniques. Modern cognitive sensor systems generate an extensive amount of data from which information can be extracted in a targeted manner using intelligent software-based methods. These are then linked with further meta data in order to integrate the collected sensor data and their evaluation into an application-specific context. The knowledge generated and processed this way enables our customers to make well-founded, data-based decisions quickly. With our solutions, we are approaching the challenges of the present and especially of the future, e.g.:
- Ensuring the security of food supply for entire regions by developing systems for phenotyping plants.
- Enabling the recycling of raw materials using X-ray technology.
- Reducing rejects by production monitoring.
- Applying sophisticated methods and systems to improve product quality and safety.
- Generating digital material data and thus ensuring, for example, the improved shelf life of products.
- Digitizing cultural assets and thus contributing to their research and analysis.